A partnership project hosted by YDRT, working through the Dales to Vale Rivers Network (DVRN) to:
- Drive action on biosecurity within the Swale, Ure, Nidd, Ouse and Wharfe (SUNOW) catchment building on the work of the Yorkshire Dales Biosecurity Project, rolling it out to the organisations within the DVRN, to reduce the potential for the spread of Invasive Non-native Species (INNS) to and within our catchments as far as is possible/practicable.
- Scope and coordinate a strategic approach to the control INNS in the SUNOW catchments.
- Engaging with recreational groups, e.g. anglers, boaters, etc to encourage the take up of simple biosecurity measures within the catchment.
- Help to draw up biosecurity plans and provide models for partners to promote biosecurity.
- Mapping INNS and collating information to target key areas.
- Initiate a strategic programme of control for priority INNS, using the “catchment down” approach.
- Co-ordinate the development and implementation of a continuous monitoring strategy for INNS across the catchment and act as a rapid response team to implement control of new/priority INNS within the catchment.
(Visited 80 times, 1 visits today)