Work on the Upper Wharfe SSSI included:
- Willow Spilling to help control excessive erosion.
- Tree planting to reduce erosion and sedimentation of the feeder streams and main river, as well as creating habitat, increasing interception of rainfall, and improving water shading.
- Creating retention ponds to hold water, and create new wildlife habitat.
- Bank revetment to reduce erosion, reconnecting the river with its floodplain and improving habitat for wildlife.
- Removal of invasive non-native species such as Himalayan Balsam.